Can I sell my products in a park?

Vendor Permit Application is required if you are interested in the opportunity to operate a food and beverage, retail, recreational, collecting donations, hosting a raffle or silent auction or other service oriented concession on Milwaukee County Parks property.

 Application Process 
  • Application Submission: Complete and submit the Vendor Permit Application to Milwaukee County Parks Special Events Office for review and approval. 
  • Application Review: After receipt of your application, you will be notified via email within two (2) weeks regarding the status of your vendor application.

Fees & Requirements: If your Vendor Permit Application is approved, you will receive an email with fee information and requirements to obtain your vendor permit.  The Vendor Permit Application must be submitted, processed, and approved, including payment before you may begin operating. 

Frequently Asked Questions:

What are the fees to obtain a vendor permit?

  • Base Fee – all permit fees will have a fee associated with each location.  The amount varies depending on type of vendor operation and location. 
  • Operational Expenses – costs of services provided by Milwaukee County Parks, including but not limited to utilities, trash removal, water, etc.
  • Concession Facility – you must purchase your own concession facility, if applicable.
  • Additional Expenses – other costs may include but are not limited to general maintenance, repairs, signage, landscaping and restoration, clean up, etc

I have a license issued by the City of Milwaukee.  Can I use it in a Milwaukee County Park?

  • No. Milwaukee County Parks issues vendor permits for its property.  If you are selling food, commodities or services on any Milwaukee County Parks property without a vendor permit, you may be subject to a fine and confiscation of your products or equipment. Additional licenses from local municipalities may also be required by the Milwaukee County Parks to receive a vendor permit.

What type of insurance is required? Certificate of Insurance (COI): 

  • Many applicants are required to submit a “Certificate of Insurance” in the amount of $1,000,000 of general liability coverage naming Milwaukee County Parks as an additional insured. Milwaukee County Parks must be listed as the Certificate Holder with the address listed as 9480 Watertown Plank Road, Wauwatosa, WI 53326. 

What if the location I want to sell or perform services at is not available? 

  • Milwaukee County Parks will review any and all proposals or ideas for locations.  However, if the requested location is not an option, Milwaukee County Parks can recommend alternate sites.

Can I operate my business during a Special Event in the Park I am permitted at?

  • Seasonal Vendors cannot sell during Special Events in the Park unless approved by the Milwaukee County Parks Department and event organizer.  This includes July 3rd and July 4th events in all Milwaukee County Parks.


  • Vendors must be self-contained and self-sufficient.
  • Vendors are responsible for the daily pickup, collection and removal of all recycling, garbage and litter from the permitted site and surrounding areas which is due to the vendor’s operations. 
  • Staking is prohibited.
  • Amplified Sound is prohibited without approval from the Milwaukee County Parks Department.
  • Vehicles are prohibited from driving on grass, athletic fields, park walkways and trails. 

For more information, please call  (414) 257-4503 or email Special Events.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us