How can I suggest an Eagle Scout Project?
For Boy Scouts working toward their Eagle rank, the Parks are a great place to plan a project. Our Trails Coordinator was active in scouting himself!
The list below describes some of the projects that have been done in the past or could be done in the future. . .
- Brown Deer Park, Disc golf course tee signs
- Dretzka Park, Benches for disk golf course, Blue-bird houses
- Estabrook Park, Canoe launches, Portage trail
- Falk Park, Trail construction and signage, Trail bridge construction
- Grant Park, Reconstruction of fire pits, Benches
- Kops Park, Informational Parks kiosk
- Lake Park, Aldo Leopold benches, Blue-bird houses
- Lyons Park, Natural Areas management
- McGovern Park, Trails construction, Signage
- Mitchell Blvd. Park, Kiosks and benches incorporated with native plantings
- Oak Leaf Trail, Construction and instrallation of trail kiosks and benches (County-wide)
- Sheridan Park, Lakeside trail development, Picnic area
- The Sports Complex, Disc golf course tee signs
- Washington Park, Rehabilitation of horseshoe pits at Senior Center
- Whitnall Park, Outpost renovation
Or let us know about your proposal!