Gordon Park Playground Replacement
Updated October 4, 2021
NOTE: Due to COVID related issues with material availability and manufacturing lead times for play equipment, playground improvement start-times have been pushed back. Please expect to see these improvements along with others resurface in Spring of 2022.
In the meantime, we invite you to provide your input on what you'd like this park to look like! Click the following link: Playground New Look Survey.
The Gordon Park playground was installed in 2001 and has been heavily used due to its proximity to the Gordon Park wading pool. This has contributed to increased wear and tear and the need for a playground replacement. The new playground system will include ADA accessible features and surfacing will be upgraded to a mixture of "pour-in-place" surfacing (soft, rubberized surface) and wood fiber.
Current Site Conditions
- Total budget is $291,984 (Approved in an April 2021 Fund Transfer).
- Budget includes design, removal of current playground, installation of new playground, and corresponding site improvements such as new benches.
- Design will take place in early summer. Stay tuned for a "playground pop-up" to see designs and give feedback at the park (date TBD).
- Construction is expected to take place in summer 2021. The playground will be closed during construction. Exact construction timeline is currently unknown.
- Note: timelines subject to change.
Learn about additional playground projects taking place across Milwaukee County Parks!