What is the project schedule?
The schedule for this project is planned as follows…
- Public comments will be reviewed and incorporated to the design through mid-October 2019.
- Construction documents will be in development from October 2019-February 2020.
Project permits will also be processed during this time.
- Bidding and contract award are planned for February-March 2020.
- Construction is slated for April-November 2020.
- Substantial project completion is anticipated in November 2020.
What are the next steps?
The public comment period will be open through Friday, October 18, 2019. Comments may be sent to Karl Stave, Milwaukee County Engineer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 414-278-4863.
Milwaukee County Parks will present the design to the County’s Parks, Energy, and Environment Committee (PEEC) on Tuesday, October 29, 2019 and an opportunity for public comment will be provided The County Board of Supervisors will deliberate the item on Thursday, November 7, 2019.
Additionally, because the Milwaukee River Parkway is on the National and State Register of Historic Places, staff will present the project to the City of Glendale Historic Preservation Commission for approval. The date for that meeting will be forthcoming.