We currently do not require a permit to use a drone in our parks for recreational use (Special Events, Weddings, etc. only ).
All we require is that the drone and drone pilot must be in compliance with all Federal, State and Local licenses and provide documentation upon request. Drone pilot must fly drone with public safety as its highest priority.
Milwaukee County Parks Drone Guidelines:
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) operators must comply with the regulations issued by the FAA, and these rules:
- Drones may not be flown within 50 feet of Park Buildings, pavilions, shelters, statues.
- Drones may not be flown within 25 feet of people.
- Drones must be flown in a safe manner.
- Drone flights are not permitted inside the Park pavilions, buildings or shelters.
- Drone flights in the park are restricted to park hours: 6 a.m.–10 p.m.
- Drone flights that hover directly over an outdoor ceremony or group of people, without their consent, are not permitted..
- Commercial use of drones on Milwaukee County Parks property, requires a filming permit.
This particular site is of great use regarding Wisconsin Drone Laws: https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws-wisconsin/